Banner Green
Banner Mining
Banner Pharma
Banner Tech

Just in time for the end of summer, Searchlight Resources Inc. (TSXV:SCLT,FRA:2CC2) announced the closing of its 75 percent earn-in at the Bootleg Lake gold project near Creighton, Saskatchewan, five kilometers southwest of the Flin Flon mining complex. But the real news is that Searchlight now wants to acquire the remaining 25 percent in the project. Negotiations are underway with the owner, New Moon.

Blue Moon Metals Inc. (TSXV: MOON; FRA: 8SX0) plans to use this year's drilling season in California to expand resources at its advanced VMS "Blue Moon" project and find additional mineralized zones not yet known. Initially, 3-4 step-out drill holes totaling 2,400 meters are planned. These drill holes will test a number of promising targets marked on the longitudinal section below.

Pond Technologies (TSXV: POND; FRA: 4O0) has been patiently working toward this moment for more than a decade of research and development. The Canadian tech startup has just signed the first international agricultural company as a partner and customer for its disruptive platform technology for digitally controlled algae farming. The deal is groundbreaking for Pond: Lond-listed Associated British Foods (LSE:ABF), or "AB Agri" https://www.abf.co.uk/investorrelations, wants to enter the joint commercialization of algae-based animal feed with its subsidiary Livalta. The agreed supply and license agreement has an equivalent value of more than CAD 5 million. This sum may seem small for the global group with a stock market value of around EUR 18 billion. For Pond, it is a further validation of its technology and the best chance to showcase the capabilities of its growth platform on an international stage.

FYI Resources Limited (ASX: FYI; FRA: SDL) and Ecograf Ltd. (ASX: EGR; FRA: FMK) intend to combine their expertise around key building blocks of Li-ion batteries, in particular to optimize the performance of the anode material of batteries. To this end, the spherical graphite particles of the anode are to be doped with microscopically fine layers of high-purity aluminum oxide (HPA). In technical jargon, this procedure is aptly called "HPA-doped carbon coating." Doping refers to the (legal) performance enhancement expected from the coating. According to the two companies, a corresponding memorandum of understanding has been signed.

It is not automatically an advantage if a company is the "first mover" in a new industry. It has to explain new terms such as that of an "algae-based bioeconomy." Never heard of it? What's that supposed to be? And what is it good for? Listed innovators have a particularly hard time, because shareholders tend to be more comfortable with their due diligence than private equity investors. They like to jump on trends, look for peer companies and prefer to invest in sectors. They avoid singularities and are only there when market success is already apparent, as with Biontech (NASDAQ: BNTX; no one believed in their MRNA technology for a long time either).